I have some news to share… back in November 2011, @ValTorontoGal and I decided to start up a weekly live web radio show and podcast – Talk Back Show with Zach & Val was formed. Over the course of several months, we regularly did a live show for our audience covering everything from blogging, sex, porn, politics, music, news, pop culture, social media, fashion and everything else in between. The show was a major hit and we saw audience numbers grow significantly to a point where we partnered with Dentyne to act as spokespeople. Unfortunately, by March our schedules had changed and we weren’t able to keep up with the workload (believe it or not, there’s a lot of work that goes into these things!). So we decided to hang up the mics and call it a brief success, learning experience and something that was a lot of fun.
However, while the show had ended, I had full intention of one day bringing it back and really building it into something big. But for that to happen, I needed to change how I ran the show. After talking with several people who were fans of the show, I learned the demand was there to bring it back – and with some help, it was going to be much bigger than it was.
So without further ado… I’m thrilled to announce that the show is coming back to your eardrums on Tuesday, June 19th! Both the live show and the podcast will be available for your listening pleasure. Now with that being said, there is a slew of changes I’m excited to announce!
1. Well, Talk Back Show isn’t accurate anymore… so the show is being renamed. In a move that’s entirely self serving, The Zach Bussey Show is the new name of the show. Oh, and we’re already on iTunes. Just search Zach Bussey and subscribe now!
2. I think everyone is going to be happy to hear this… the one and only, Canada-wide trending tweeter and party host pro, Meg Button is going to be joining me each week live! After she guest hosted on Talk Back Show, the audience response was “MORE!”, and so you shall have it! I’m really excited to have her on the show and know that having her there is a huge win already!
3. Here’s a new and exciting element to the show… we’re going to be broadcasting LIVE each and every Tuesday from Shoeless Joe’s at Spadina and Bloor! Yes, the great people at Shoeless Joe’s have invited us to take over some of their real estate to broadcast the show from. What’s that mean to the listener? Well, rather than sitting at home listening, why not come in and interact with the show live on location! We’ll be connected up to a few TVs, so any clips we show, you’ll see… as well as in studio guests (and boy do we have some exciting live guests.)
4. We’re changing the time! When we used to broadcast 8-9PM, we often conflicted with Leafs and Raptors games. I don’t want to do that because I know the importance of sports in this city, and quite frankly, Meg Button doesn’t want to miss any games. So, the live show will be from 6-7PM.
5. The ‘after show’ is an idea Meg Button had, and we’re going to run with it! For people who come down to see the show live or come after the show, we’re going to be recording an after show which will be all about you and your feedback. We might also have some hookups, free food, drinks etc for those who come down. You never know what might go on!
There’s a bunch of other things that are changing/going to happen… but I’ll leave some of it without details for now but tease you with the promise of other cool shit!